Monday, June 29, 2015

Daybook: June 29th, 2015



For Today ... June 29th, 2015

Outside my window ... the temperature is in the low 90’s … so glad we are getting a rest from those really high temperatures we’ve been having. 

I am thinking ... about my son, who had knee surgery today. 

I am thankful ... for my daughter-in-law who is really stepping up to the plate and taking care of her husband/my son and their small children during my son’s recovery.  She has her hands full and I appreciate all that she is doing.  I wish I were close enough to be of some help to her.

I am stitching ... on my scrap quilt! 

I am going ... to prepare to have the twins stay with us for the rest of the week while their daddy has some pretty serious surgery and their mommie stays with him. 

I am wondering ... what we can do with the twins to celebrate the 4th of July. 

I am reading ... the latest issue of GRIT magazine.  I glean gardening and pantry building information from this as well as other similar magazines.

I am seeing … my husband reclining in his recliner after a long day of running errands and grocery shopping. 
I am hearing … my little grandson jabber in the background as I get an update on my son’s surgery/recovery.  What a sweet sound! 

I am hoping ... my daughter’s dog gets better soon. She had to make an unplanned visit with him to the doggy doctor this morning. 

I am learning ... to utilize my calendar better thereby making it a more helpful tool in staying on top of things.

In my garden ... we are harvesting okra, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, eggplant and peppers. 

In my kitchen …. We went grocery shopping today and I need to finish putting them away. 

One of my favorite things ... an unexpected visit to JoAnn’s Fabric!!! 

Around the house … I see the fabric purchase I made today … using my 60% off coupon!  I can't wait to start using it!

A scene from my day … these are for my oldest granddaughter, aren’t they just the cutest little pair of shoes!  (They are gently used but in great shape!)





patsi


If you’ve found this post to be helpful please share about it with others or PIN it.  Thank you!

You can also follow me on Pinterest and on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to a chick update too! My pullets are 12 weeks old this week..thinking about letting them integrate with the oldsters in a week or so.....I am also looking forward to all those eggs in a month or so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the shoes!!! How about water play and a weinie roast for the 4th? Our grandchildren love to have our big galvanized washtub filled with water with a variety of cups and other things for playing in the water and who cares how wet they get since it is so hot. We have had many bonfire weinie roasts for the 4th. It is hot but fun and no crowds. We will go to visit our youngest son and his wife so I don't have to plan! I enjoy seeing what they plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some good suggestions Lana! Thank you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...