Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Sewing Day Accomplishments: June 23rd, 2015



Today was my sewing day ... take a peek at what I accomplished ...



Mickey Mouse pajama bottoms for my grandson ...
I hope he likes them!




Another quiet book page for my granddaughter's quiet book I'm making ... 
(there's a caterpillar that goes on the topside of the branch)




Some more stitching on my scrap quilt ...

and ...

Per his mama and daddy's request, I added a zipper to the Mickey Mouse pillow case I made for my grandson a couple of weeks ago!


 patsi

To Learn More About My E-Book, click on the link:  Yes, You CAN Have A Well-Stocked Pantry!


If you’ve found this post to be helpful please share about it with others or PIN it.  Thank you!

You can also follow me on Pinterest and on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Goodness me Patsi...you accomplish a lot in one day! Having a designated sewing day is such a good idea. I think I will have to do that otherwise it never gets done and I have a few UFOs at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nanna! I try to set myself up for success by making a plan and doing as much of the prep work during the week as I can. That way my sewing day is truly my sewing day! I love my sewing day!

      Delete
  2. I look forward to your post's so much. I was wondering if instead of preparing a whole meal are you using a meal from the freezer so that much dose not get in the way of interruptions, and how do you avoid them? I still have not started sewing but I purchased your freezer cooking book and have been making a ton of stuff ahead of time. My hubby is having surgery July 13 and I know I will be spending most of my time helping him. My hubby is 60 and this is his first surgery ever and he dose not like pain..MEN.
    Thanks Patsy love the quilt your working on can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tealady, I usually prepare a full meal on my sewing day. I also do a week's worth of laundry on that day. While the clothes are in the washer washing, I sew. While the clothes are drying on the line I sew. I do as much of the prep work as I can for my sewing day during the week so that I can concentrate on sewing on my sewing day. It doesn't always work that way but that's what I plan for and work towards. My husband is self-employed and works from home so I totally get the interruptions issue ... I just do the best I can. I also try to have the menu for that day's meal planned and as much of the prep work done ahead as possible. As for as how I deal with the phone interruptions, I pretty much let the answering machine get any calls that are not from my children or mother or husband if he happens to be out. I really want my sewing day to work so I'm willing to go the extra mile to make it a 'smooth sailing' kind of day. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...