Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Sewing Day Accomplishments: July 14th, 2015

I did a lot of piecing today and consequently didn't get my project finished ...

What is my finished project going to be?

Envelope style/quilted throw pillow covers from scraps!!!


This is going to be the front of one (I'm making 2), I pieced together the top and then I had to piece together the batting (because I had several smaller pieces of batting that needed using) and then I cut the backing from fabric I had on hand and then I machine quilted it. (I told you there was a whole lot of piecing going on!)


This is going to be the back for one of the pillows.  It's ready to be machine quilted.  You'll notice that it is larger than the front and that's because of the 'envelope style' opening that's going to be in the back.  This envelope style opening will allow me to take the pillow covering off and wash it when needed.  Making envelope style pillow coverings also allows you to change out the coverings for the different seasons and holidays!

I can't wait for next Tuesday when I can get back to work on this project!

patsi

To Learn More About My E-Book, click on the link:  Yes, You CAN Have A Well-Stocked Pantry!

If you’ve found this post to be helpful please share about it with others or PIN it.  Thank you!



You can also follow me on Pinterest and on Facebook

7 comments:

  1. I always feel happy when I piece my batting scraps together to make a size big enough to use for another project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fabulous Patsy! Pinned! Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use up remnants! I am sure you will enjoy having the envelope closing......
    See, you got more done than I did yesterday....I just have to finish slip stitching the closing on my pillow, that will be one down and two to go! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby steps Enid, baby steps! Even in sewing, a little done is better than none!

      Delete
    2. Yep! that's what is going on here too......

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...