Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Sewing Day Accomplishments: July 7th, 2015


I look forward to my sewing day each week, here's what I got done today ...



This pillowcase dress is for a little 4 year old girl.  She wanted it to be purple!



I started stitching up some more blocks for my scrap quilt as well and finished up some hand stitching on some things that are heading out to two of my grandchildren in tomorrow's mail.

I was sewing along at a good pace when the needle on my machine broke!  I had to locate another one, get my husband to help me install it (I could not get the needle holder to release!) and then was able to continue sewing.  I discovered that I had used all my back-up sewing machine needles except one, which is now in my machine so guess what is going on my shopping list????

 patsi

To Learn More About My E-Book, click on the link:  Yes, You CAN Have A Well-Stocked Pantry!

If you’ve found this post to be helpful please share about it with others or PIN it.  Thank you!


You can also follow me on Pinterest and on Facebook

14 comments:

  1. That dress is adorable Patsy. She will love it! No sewing here but some christmas presents started! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annabel, would love to see pic's of your christmas presents!

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love the pillowcase dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute dress!

    A thought on the tomato problem. I noticed yesterday that the lower leaves on my plants were yellowing and then my light bulb moment-I never gave my plants epsom salts this year. I always do early in the season and never have blossom end rot. I gave each plant 1/4 cup this AM and worked it into the soil and watered. Hopefully that will do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tomatoes definitely look better today after treating them yesterday.

      Delete
  4. Love the pillowcase dress! Gorgeous colour. You have reminded me that I put the last needle in my sewing machine last time I used it - and I have not yet bought new ones! Nothing worse than getting all ready to sew and find no needles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today is my sewing day (Wed.) I need to have a special day or else I never get in my studio...life just gets so busy that I leave my sewing passion to the last place on my list...so I am taking one day a week to enjoy what I love to do!
    I was taught to get all my work done, and then play...well, my work is never done, and I want to PLAY!!....and not feel guilty about it.....the dress is darling and the little girl well certainly be happy with it..
    Guess, you need to add sewing needles to your pantry list...:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Patsy, I never got to my sewing today.....I guess there is not enough hours in these days of summer.....looked at the garden....needed watering, then the container plants looked a bit dry.....oh, and the roses and flowers needed to be deadheaded.....and the bare day lily stalks cut down....a friend to call to inquire about surgery recovery....and last but not least...ironing...by this time, it was time to fix dinner.
      But, you know what? I am so glad that I am able to be able to accomplish these tasks, and look forward to another day to do my sewing.....I have so many dear friends that have bodies that are full of pain and cannot do just ordinary tasks that I am guilty of complaining about.....Sewing will always be there for me to tend to, too!

      Delete
    2. I agree 100% Enid ... maybe next week!

      Delete
  6. Very darling quilt squares. You are industrious my friend.
    Loved your previous post of the eggs. Such a great and easy idea. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering if you have instructions for the pillowcase dress, it is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I just did a search online for free pillowcase dress patterns. There are several free ones to choose from.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...