Featured Post

This is Why! part 3

  Parts 1 and 2 can be found here . Beginning with this entry and for the remainder of the series I’m going to be sharing with you so...

Monday, September 14, 2015

Inquiring Minds Want to Know ... What Are Your Favorite Preserving/Canning Books?

What are your favorite food preserving/canning books, other than the Ball canning book?

This is a question I hear a lot ...

Here are mine ...

Stocking Up by Carol Hupping






These 3 books cover just about everything I've ever encounter when it comes to preserving/canning food.

What are your favorites, other than the Ball canning book?

Patsi

You can also follow A Working Pantry on Pinterest and on Facebook

AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.

4 comments:

  1. There are a few canning books that I really like. My favorites are the two books by Marisa McClellan. I have followed he blog for several years before she became a published cookbook author. The first is "Food in Jars" which is also the name of her blog. The second is "Preserving by the Pint." I like that both these books deal with small batch canning which is great when you have a small amount to preserve or very limited time or space.

    Another highly recommended book is "Homemade Living: Canning & Preserving with Ashley English". It's on my list to buy. She has a series of books and each deals with a different subject. One is about keeping bees, another about keeping chickens and the other is on homemade dairy I have another book that I really love but I have to look for it because I don't remember the title off my head and I'm on the phone talking my sister through canning her first batch of tomato jam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I have Ashley English's book on homemade dairy, I'll have to check out the one of canning and preserving. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
    2. Kim, I have Ashley English's book on homemade dairy, I'll have to check out the one of canning and preserving. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. My favorite, especially for sweet things is http://www.amazon.com/Jams-Jellies-Other-Sweet-Preserves/dp/1558324062/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8. She emphasizes low sugar & commercial pectin free. (For some things, I think something like Pomona's Pectin would work wonderfully.)

    Her other book. I haven't made anything out of that yet. http://www.amazon.com/The-Joy-Pickling-Flavor-Packed-Vegetables/dp/1558323759

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...