Featured Post

This is Why! part 4

Parts 1, 2, and 3 can be found here . In the last entry we talked about how to use leftovers to help stock our pantries. This week ...

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Thrift Store Finds ... part 1

We don't have any thrift stores close to us so when we travel I hit up as many as I can.  Over the last 2 weeks I have had the opportunity to visit several thrift stores and here is part 1 of what I found ...

Tupperware!

The list price for each piece ranged from $.99 - $2.99 with us being able to purchase some of them for half price due to the color of the price sticker on the day we were there.


I purchased this to store celery in in the refrigerator.


This will house lettuce and salad fixins!


This little jewel will be used to mix small amounts!


I was delighted to find this.  I can mix, pour and refrigerate all in the same bowl!


This miniature pitcher caught my eye and will be used to store small amounts of liquids in the refrigerator.


This is the first piece that we found.  I have the same pitcher, only the top is red, that we keep my husband's tea in, in the refrigerator.  I like my tea a bit different than he does so I have been refrigerating my tea in an empty milk jug.  Now, I have my own pitcher!


A cracker box!


A divided container that will house lots of different foods depending on the need.

Yes, all of these pieces are Tupperware and are in good to excellent condition.  I brought them home, sanitized them and gave them a good washing.  Some of the pieces are already in use and the others are ready and waiting to be used.

Stayed tuned for part 2 of my thrift store shopping ...

patsi



You can also follow A Working Pantry on Pinterest and on Facebook

23 comments:

  1. OHWOW!!!! you did great! Now I want to go thrifting for Tupperware!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were excited to find so many different pieces!

      Delete
  2. I love all your Tupperware finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds!! Tupperware is always useful and lasts forever..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does Helen, I have some pieces that I've had for 30 plus years and they are still being used.

      Delete
  4. Patsy, I loved my divided container and lost it somewhere after taking nibbles to a gathering! I wish I could find another at a thrift store! These are great finds! Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm Mimi Mama, I think I will take a sharpie and write my name in small print on the bottom.

      Delete
  5. Great finds! You did excellent and the money you saved by finding these pieces at the thrift stores instead of buying new saved you ALOT!!! The mini pitcher brings back memories for me. When each of my boys were little and wanted to do things on their own I kept 2 of those mini pitchers in the fridge one with milk and one with juice and they loved being able to make their own cereal or get a glass of juice by themselves. it worked so well for my oldest that I repeated it with my youngest!
    Blessings,
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky, that's a good tip for when the twins or my grandbabies come for a visit!

      Delete
  6. I was given some used Tupperware when I was young. It has a lifetime warrante....they replaced a cracked lid and I was able to buy a lid for one that didn't have one for $2. Love Tupperware. No need to keep the receipt, like you have to with rubbermaid products....no questions asked...Just "here's your new lid"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the things that makes Tupperware so appealing!

      Delete
  7. Love my Tupperware! Needed a lid replaced but they didn't stock them any more so they gave me a brand new bowl with lid. My Sisters divided container was taken over by son#1 for some of his small pieces of LEGO.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, on getting a brand new bowl because they didn't stock the lid anymore. Tupperware is good about those kind of things!

      Delete
  8. ooooo, you can't go wrong with tupperware!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and tupperware at thrift store prices is even better!

      Delete
  9. I love the memories of the first one. It held our velveeta cheese! Loved that stuff when I was growing up. I just received two of my mom's storage bowls in green. They are my favorite bowls to store in. Great score!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't use that much velveeta cheese so ours is going to house celery!

      Delete
  10. GOOD job! I found some of the square refrigerator containers at the thrift store the other day, but they had no lids. :( Made me sick because you can put things like eggs in there and the seal is tight enough it won't stink up the frig. I sure would have liked to had them but knew it would be high $ wise to purchase the lids from tupperware. Oh that divided thing would come in handly for a veggie tray for dipping. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad about the lids, I wouldn't have purchased it without them either.

      Delete
  11. Hello Patsy, I love, love, love Tupperware and have lots of it! And most of it has been from op shops (thrift stores) and garage sales. And I use every single piece. Lots of canisters and freezer containers, I especially like the Square Rounds because they seal, stack and being square fit nicely into everything including our picnic basket!

    You really scored with the yellow container with the insert - I use mine to cook rice and pasta with just boiling water (perfect for when we are camping) and it's great for keeping food hot or cold. One of the best things Tupperware ever made I think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love thrift stores,that is where I find all my Tupperware plus I have a friend who sells Tupperware and I get a very good deal on her demo pieces,You should see her Tupperware.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have 2 of these cheese holders and was wondering what to do with it. Celery is a great idea. Will be thinking of something else to put in it-in the morning after sleeping. Getting brain dead right now :)
    Nana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...