Featured Post

This is Why! part 4

Parts 1, 2, and 3 can be found here . In the last entry we talked about how to use leftovers to help stock our pantries. This week ...

Thursday, October 1, 2015

$5 or Less Pantry Challenge: October 1st, 2015

It's time for our $5 or Less Pantry Challenge!

Are you ready?

What did you add to your pantry this week for $5 or Less?

Here's what I added ...


... 2 boxes of canning and pickling salt at the cost of $1.54/box!

I used the last of my canning salt when I canned peanuts last week so I needed to restock my supply.

These two boxes should get me through the winter canning and fermenting that I plan to do.

What did you add to your pantry for $5 or less this week?

patsi



You can also follow A Working Pantry on Pinterest and on Facebook


9 comments:

  1. So cool I added canning salt to my pantry this week. mine was $2.49 each, barely made the $5 Challenge.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Patsy. A great buy from you as always! I didn't get any huge bargains for under $5 this week, but I did manage to get the wonderful Aldi Morrocan Argan Oil that my daughter and I use on our hair, for $8 over the L'Oreal one for $21. It's just as good and such a great price. So as far as bargains go, I'm very happy, even if it's not a $5 one. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a 20lb bag of potatoes for $2.97 this week. Loving this time of year when we start to see awesome deals after the harvests come in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought two packets of AA batteries 10 per pack for 50 cents each.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added instant coffee and hot chocolate to my emergency supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Oops, I totally forgot Saturday when at my stepdaughter had a birthday party for one of our grandsons. She had made a very tasty bone in ham she had cut out the spiral part of the ham and was going to throw the rest of it.Well needless to say I almost passed out, I then cut a lot of ham off the bone and asked if I could take the bone home and she agreed.She said take the meat home because they don't eat leftovers. Once again I almost passed out.On our way home my hubby stopped and picked up some dried peas.So I spent $1.07, I am making scalloped potatoes for dinner tomorrow,I will make pea soup, had more than enough to freeze for making 3 meals of ham/ scrambled eggs.Here I jumped the gun because I did score big, thank-you daughter.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...