Sunday, October 4, 2015

Getting Ready for the Holidays: Week #2

How did you do on last week’s assignment … your REALISTIC gift giving list?  

Have you completed it yet?  If not, you’ll need to stop and do it before completing this week’s assignment as they go hand in hand.  

This week’s assignment is to brain storm gift ideas and add them to your list.   

Do you have holiday activities that you need to get on the calendar … parties, church events, traveling?  What about entertaining?  Do you have a holiday ‘bucket’ list?  Is family coming … if so, it’s time to start thinking about planning the meals?  This week is all about planning.    Here’s a gentle reminder:  in all of our planning and getting activities on the calendar let’s remember to not book ourselves to the extent that we are worn out and frazzled.   Try to find the balance that will bring the kind of holiday that you will enjoy.

Starting this week, we’re going to do a weekly check-up on what we’ve gotten done … gifts made, supplies purchased, gifts purchased, what did you get done this past week?  What are you working on?   

patsi

You can also follow A Working Pantry on Pinterest and on Facebook

5 comments:

  1. I am good. I buy or make gifts all year (I have learned from you) and I just have to finish making 3 quilts and bake some goodies. :) Thanks for this post though it helps me to remember the 'little' things too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 'plan' is to sew as many gifts as I can. I will make two dolls with matching quilts for 2 of my little grand daughters, and perhaps some quilted table runners for others. I always make our own cards with printed photos on the front that I have taken. I also crochet dishcloths, and those come in handy for an 'anytime' gift along with some baked items. Frankly, I'd like to see less emphasis placed on material gift giving and the pressure that sometime involves, and more emphasis placed on doing something for someone--a gift of time; that can be a gift that we can afford.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find this one the most difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with tealady...the most difficult part of Christmas gift giving is deciding what exactly I want to make or give to each person. With so many choices, it is difficult to narrow it down to one thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got my list of people to get gifts for this year.
    Now comes the hard part for me, deciding what to get.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...