Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sewing Accomplishments: October 6th, 2015

Hmmm … let’s see, what did I get stitched up today?




Well, I finished up the rest of the thrift store tablecloth turned hand towels today ... 16 in all!













And I did some more crocheting … I re-watched the Youtube video this morning and realized I had misunderstood the instructions so I ripped it all out and started over … yes, I did.

A reader sent me a sweet note telling me that she utilized books that teach children how to crochet when she was learning.  I thought that was an excellent idea!






And I broke 3 sewing machine needles … I was sewing rather fast because my husband needed to do some construction work in the area where my sewing nook is located and I was trying to hurry.

Speaking of my sewing nook, some of you have expressed a desire to see what it looks like and as soon as this little construction job is done and I get a skirt stitched up for the table, I’ll post some pictures.

That’s what I got stitched up today, what did you do?

patsi

You can also follow A Working Pantry on Pinterest and on Facebook






AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.

7 comments:

  1. I am still working on my quilts for Christmas. I am also making a sewing machine cover and a table runner. I will be working on these while I am in the mountains this coming week!! :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to make a sewing machine cover too now that my machine sits out!

      Delete
  2. Hey Patsy! I will be a grandma in February and April. My twin girls are both expecting, so I wanted to make a few things for them. I got 1 baby quilt all done. I think I am going to put a border around it though because this was my first ever quilt and it looks just a little rough around the edges. I think a border will help. I have to wait till the other daughter finds out what she is having before I start on hers. I also got them each a teddy bear cute out but I think I'll wait till next week to sew them up. The quilts and teddy bears are made with old clothes that no longer fit. I knew I would be glad I saved them. That's about all the sewing I did yesterday. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used old clothes to make quilts out of before but not teddy bears! How creative!

      Delete
  3. Well, first I made pumpkin cookies and some pumpkin muffins from the pumpkin puree I froze last year. Did some laundry and then started doing the finishing touches,(buttons, and hems) on a blouse I am making for my daughter. Should finish that today.
    Looking forward to seeing your sewing nook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is that time of the year where we start thinking about pumpkin isn't it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...