Featured Post

This is Why! part 4

Parts 1, 2, and 3 can be found here . In the last entry we talked about how to use leftovers to help stock our pantries. This week ...

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

$5 or Less Pantry Challenge: November 4th,2015

Aldi's had baby carrots on sale for $.69/bag today so I purchased 8 bags.  If you're doing the math you'll know that I went over the $5 goal by sixty cents, but since I was under the $5 goal last week, I didn't worry about it.


I'm going to can these up in pint jars and add them to my pantry.  To find out how many pints I get, be sure to read the next weekly Pantry Challenge!

What did you add to your pantry for $5 or Less this week?

 patsi

You can also follow A Working Pantry on Pinterest and on Facebook

9 comments:

  1. Our local store had sugar on sale..4 pounds for 1.39 which is a good price here. I got three bags some of which I will be making cookies this week to take to the teachers lounge during National Education Week. The rest will be added to stock my pantry. Thank you for all you do to keep us motivated and on track.
    Paula in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baby carrots. I got strawberries and cherry tomatoes on big specials so for five dollars I have lots to get me through the next week or so.
    It is good seeing how far $5 well spent can go. I didn't add heaps to the pantry this week but I did add bird seed, sunflower seed and chook food so I have an emergency stash. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annabel, we have to look out for our animals too!

      Delete
  3. I spent $3.50 on some fabric for my sewing "pantry" this week. I bought some polar fleece, which I will use to make some warm winter scarves for Christmas presents, some white cotton/polyester mix that I can use for making handkerchiefs, and some pretty patterned flannel that I'm not sure what I will use it for yet, but glad to have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda, I love it when I can add to the sewing part of my pantry ... and yes, it is part of my pantry too!

      Delete
    2. I did add to my food pantry this week. However, buying $90 in peanut butter (on sale for $2.50/1kg jar) doesn't quite fit in the $5 challenge.

      Delete
    3. LOL Rhonda! Sounds like a good deal though!

      Delete
  4. Got 8 lbs of sugar for $1.54 on sale after doubled coupons.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...