Sunday, December 13, 2015

Getting Ready for the Holidays ... Week #11

It’s the last week in our ‘getting ready for the holiday season’ series. I had intended for there to be one more week but … two of  my grandbabies are coming the week of Christmas and I plan to be 100% grandmommie that week! So, I combined the last two entries into this one last post for the series …

It’s time to take a realistic look at your handmade gifts, are you going to be able to finish them?

This is a busy week for all the last minute things … including last minute gifts. ... What are some last minute gifts you can pull together with what you have on hand or for very little cost?

What were you able to get done in your holiday preps last week? What have you still got to do?

and one more thing ....

What are some things you are doing or have done to stay within your holiday spending budget this year?

patsi
A Working Pantry

Earn Cashback By Shopping Through EBates!

You can also follow A Working Pantry on Pinterest and on Facebook

AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com

4 comments:

  1. I've been able to make a lot of potholders this week. I plan to put a potholder together with a jar of homemade jam for gifts. There are several people we love, that I want to remember, but we need to stay within our budget as well. This is how I'm going to accomplish that. I have a nephew who wants cast iron cookware. I'm going to make him a few potholders as well.

    I was able to get the rest of the doll clothes made for a little girl we are close to's birthday present. I got a dolly sleeping bag made for Patsy (my youngest). I have to finish up the doll p.j.'s for her, and then hopefully a dress, shorts and a top for her doll as well. They are all cut out, and the shorts are done and the p.j.'s are well on their way.

    If I have time, a couple of pairs of pajamas still could be done for a couple of the girls. If not, after the holidays, they will still need them--they just won't be under the tree.

    I work 2 days this week. Then I am off for 2 weeks. We have a few appointments, but the coming up weeks are actually less busy than this last couple of weeks. So, I have high hopes of finishing! Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. beckyathome, I found a pattern for a doll sleeping bag a couple of weeks ago and added it to my list of things to make for next year. That list also includes doll clothes as well! I like the pot holder and jam gift too. Enjoy your 2 weeks off!

      Delete
  2. I made a bunch of jam in the summer and used some of them as last minute Christmas gifts for my co-workers. All other gifts are made and wrapped, ready to be delivered to the recipients when the time comes.

    My MIL paid us in advance for the Christmas treat trays she requested for the Christmas bowling banquets that will take place this week and next. Most of the treats are baked and ready in the freezer, however we are prepared to make more if need be. I'm unsure whether I will be giving treat bags to family this year. It will depend on how much is left after making the treat trays and whether I have time to bake more. I'll just have to wait and see.

    I want to thank you, Patsy, for doing this post. I have made more gifts this year than any other. Had it not been for your posts, I don't know that I would have gotten started early enough to accomplish what I did this year. You have saved me lots of money this year, so thank you. I'm sure you have a wonderful time with those grandbabies! Sending you and your family wishes for a very Merry Christmas from a Canadian friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda A! You made my day with your sweet words of encouragement! Merry Christmas my Canadian friend!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...