Sunday, December 6, 2015

Sunday Thoughts: December 6th, 2015

I was reminded today of how very important my example and influence are  …

You’ve heard me mention from time to time the 4 year old twins that we keep when their mommy and daddy have a need for us to.  The sweet family attends the same church as my husband and I and most times one of the twins will sit with me/us.  This morning the little girl sat with me while my husband preached.

I almost always take notes during a sermon and this morning was no exception.  I also keep notebooks in my bag for the twins to scribble in during the sermon. (They each have their own notebook I made for them that is reserved for Sunday worship when they sit with me.)



(This is the little girl's notebook and as you can see it has been well used.  I made it out of a $.50 composition notebook, scrapbooking paper I had on hand and cutouts from a box that a toy came in.)

I was taking notes this morning during worship when I noticed the little girl was sitting very quietly and concentrating really hard on something she was writing.  I also noticed that she kept looking rather intently at my notes and then she would write something in her notebook.   Do you know what she was doing?  She was copying my notes in her little 4 year old handwriting into her notebook!


(The notes she copied this morning on the left!)

My heart soared and I thanked God for the opportunity to influence this little one for Him.  I hugged her and whispered in her ear how very proud of her I was and told her how much I loved her.  She beamed!  To think that I might in some small way have a part in encouraging, training and preparing her to grow up and choose our Lord as her Saviour floods my heart with joy.  At the same time, it brings a great sense of responsibility to know that I am being watched and mimicked by one so young.


“in all things show yourself to be an example of good deeds, with purity in doctrine, dignified … Titus 2:7 (NASB)

patsi

Earn Cashback By Shopping Through EBates!

You can also follow A Working Pantry on Pinterest and on Facebook

6 comments:

  1. Sweet as can be, and she has some amazing fine motor skills to write this well at 4 years

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute to think of. What a sweet time you are having with her. I have found that time spent with children doesn't get wasted. Every minute you spend pouring into these little ones will add to the quality of their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A seed was planted and now to water. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful. Thank you for taking the time with these girls. So many times kids are left on their own to learn values and you are teaching some really good values.
    Paula in Kansa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...