Saturday, December 12, 2015

Wrapping it up and Making it Pretty ... #3

Want to guess what I used to make these gifts and what's inside?


Well, I'll tell you ...

It's the cardboard center of a roll of paper towels filled with candy wrapped up to look like a piece of candy. (I'm really getting some mileage out of the candy I purchased for half price after Halloween.)  I stuffed one end with  crumbled tissue paper, filled the roll with candy, and added another crumbled piece of tissue paper in the other end.  This keeps the candy from falling out during wrapping. The wrapping paper and ribbon were clearance/coupon buys!

Each roll cost approximately $.50 to make.

patsi

Earn Cashback By Shopping Through EBates!

You can also follow A Working Pantry on Pinterest and on Facebook


AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com

9 comments:

  1. Those are very cute. One year, the 4H did something similar as a community service project, but used any wrapping paper available and toilet paper rolls, so they were smaller. Yours have such a nice look to them with the wrapping paper you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beckyathome, I wanted them to look like candy!

      Delete
  2. What a cute idea.. Know they will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute and what a bargain to boot, you always have the best idea's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you tealady! Necessity is the mother of invention!

      Delete
  4. This is marvelous and so cleverly put together with the paper you selected. It looks like they would work as a stand-alone gift or as an addition to a gift basket. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am looking forward to stealing this idea for next CHristmas, I must add it to a to-do Christmas book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel S ... steal away! I don't remember where I got the idea but I'm sure it wasn't an original with me! By the way, I've already started by next year's to-do Christmas list!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...