Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sewing/Crafting Day: March 22, 2016

I was able to get some sewing in this afternoon while this ham baked in the oven ...

(the ham came from the freezer part of our pantry ... the tag on it said we paid $6.84 for it.)











I finished stitching up this baby burp cloth, I have three more that are almost completed which will give me a set of 4.  They'll go in my gift trunk for a future baby gift.  I used flannel I had purchased on clearance last year and terry cloth that I had on hand.






... and this 'spring/summer' pillow cover.  The fabric came from the sewing portion of my pantry!

I only had a couple of hours to sew, but was glad to be able to work these small projects into my busy day.

What have you been stitching/crafting?


patsi
She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27

You can also follow A Working Pantry on Pinterest and on Facebook!


8 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm that ham looks delicious! The burp cloths are such a clever idea. I'm going to use your idea and add it to the list of things I'm making for my yet to be born granddaughter. She's due in early August so I have plenty of time to keep her gifts in process. I'm hoping to finish a shawl I'm making for my Mum for Mothers Day in May, by the weekend. That's my total of crafting for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, you have been busy!!!! Congrats on being a grandmommie, it is simply the best thing!

      Delete
  2. Those baby burp cloths are cute. Are you lining them with anything, or is it just 2 layers of cloth?

    I love it when I can fit a little sewing into my day, too. It's been pretty rare lately, but I love seeing what you've done. The pillow does remind me of spring. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. beckyathome, the burp cloths are just flannel on one side and terry cloth on the other with nothing in between.

      Delete
  3. Dear Patsy, Great to have a ham! I started an infinity scarf for myself, so,e mending and I think I will start a rug as well.
    Have a very happy Easter! With love Annabel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annabel,the ham was purchased last year ... our pantry is really being a blessing to us right now! So, so, glad that we have it!

      Delete
  4. I love those pillow coverings. I often use the envelope method to recover pillows as I find it looks neat and keeps the pillow well in shape.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...