Friday, June 16, 2017

Disaster Preparedness Class #13

As we close out the week on our imaginary disaster, I want to leave you with this scenario:  

It’s the middle of the night and you are awakened by something … a noise … is someone trying to break into your house?  

You struggle to get yourself awake enough to deal with this latest threat when you suddenly realize that no one is trying to break into your house, what you hear is your household humming … your power has been restored!!!!!


Revel in this and I’ll meet you back here on Monday for a week of dissecting what we’ve learned about our preparedness and about the things still to come.  Just because the power is back on, doesn't mean that things have returned to normal!

patsi
She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27


6 comments:

  1. Whoohoo, showers all around! And clean clothes, a clean house, flush toilets, a working stove/oven, air conditioning, television...oh my gosh...what an amazing dream come true! Hydro I LOVE you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda, LOL, that's about how I felt when our power came back on!!!

      Delete
  2. OH NO! Now husband will have the TV going again! I was so happy without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, that's just how I feel. Silence was golden for a while. Even with the Radio, tv etc turned off, the house still seems noisy. I will enjoy using the washing machine,it's hard to handwash when you have bad arthritis in both hands. It is good to be in contact with family and friends again.

      Delete
  3. YIPEE!!!! pretty much sums up how I feel about my power being restored. But I know I'll be pretty busy trying to get things back to normal around here and I need to make a list of those items we used up during our disaster crisis and make plans to restock those things.

    ShelliaJean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! We can take showers and have drinking water from the well/reverse osmosis system instead of having to purify it. We can also recharge our cell phones and run some laundry. Mom is happiest about being to vacuum "these filthy carpets!" We want to take care of the basics in case we lose power again.

    We also turn on the TV to find out that power is restored just in time - there's a heat wave coming. 100+ will be a lot more bearable with the AC running!

    -Susan O.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...