Featured Post

This is Why! part 6

Previous entries can be found HERE . Thus far we’ve talked about how I use leftovers to help stock my pantry, how I shop to fill my...

Thursday, July 23, 2015

$5 or Less Pantry Challenge: 7/23/2015

How did you do with our $5 or less pantry building challenge this week?

Here’s what I added to my pantry for less than $5 …




I purchased this fresh ginger root for $3.58.

Here’s what I’m adding to my pantry with it:

A portion of it will be used as an ingredient in cider fire ...

A portion of it will be used to make crystallized ginger which is good for nausea and indigestion ...

A portion of it will be used to plant so I can grow my own ...

And any peelings, scraps or leftover pieces will be dehydrated and turned into ginger powder!


Now, it’s your turn, what did you add to your pantry last week for $5 or less?



If you’ve found this post to be helpful please share it with others or PIN it.  Thank you!




You can also follow me on Pinterest and on Facebook

8 comments:

  1. Hi Patsi. This week I bought 4 punnets of strawberries for $5, hulled them and froze them for adding to muffin batter and smoothies. That's about all the shopping I did this week actually as we haven't really needed much thanks to my pantry...we've all had the flu! On the mend now though, thank goodness. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad everyone is better and those strawberries will be great for muffin batter and smoothies!

      Delete
  2. Patsy, thank you for the ginger information. I'll be on the lookout for some fresh ginger! Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the things that can be done with ginger!

      Delete
  3. This week I added 5 qts of dill pickles using ingredients from the pantry, storage and garden. Going to try that yellow squash pickle recipe of yours tomorrow! We are starting to see ripe tomatoes so there will be some canned tomatoes in my future I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been so busy with work that I couldn't get to the stores to stock up. I did, however, receive 4 leaflets of coupons in the newspaper. There are many choices for stocking up. I will go to the library to see if anyone donated the extra coupons I need to stock up cheap on shampoo and deodorant. I can purchase many back up supplies for less than one dollar! That's great for the $5.00 challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacki, I use coupons when it makes a good deal even better. Sounds like you have some shopping to do!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...