Featured Post

If I Were Just Starting Out Building a Well-Stocked Pantry ...

I recently received a comment from a reader basically asking me where to start when building a well-stocked pantry.  Since I get this ques...

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

How To Freeze Eggs

Have you noticed that the price of eggs is increasing?

Did you know if you find a good sale on eggs that you can purchase as many as your budget can afford and freeze them?

Here's how I freeze eggs ...




Crack one egg in each section of a muffin tin, gently break up the yoke and place in freezer for 24 hours  ...




When 24 hours are up, remove from freezer and set muffin tin on counter for 2 - 3 minutes before removing eggs.   Pop each egg out of its section and place in snack baggies.  I put 2 to a baggie.




Put the snack baggies inside a freezer bag. I have 3 sets of 2 baggies in each quart size freezer bag and return to freezer.  When I get ready to use them I will open the freezer bag and take out the number of baggies I need, then close the freezer bag back up and return it to the freezer.  The frozen eggs should be good for up to 6 months which will get me through the holiday baking.  I plan to freeze some egg whites separate from the yolks as well.

When ready to use, thaw in refrigerator and use as you normally would.


 patsi

If you’ve found this post to be helpful please share about it with others or PIN it.  Thank you!


You can also follow me on Pinterest and on Facebook

This post is linked to:  Our Simple Homestead Blog Hop

This post was featured on Our Simple Homestead ....

Our Simple Homestead Blog Hop

5 comments:

  1. Can you cook the eggs ( fried ) or do you just bake with them. Our regular eggs were $2.49 a dozen last week and the others were $3.59 and more. I would like to freeze some, my husband eats eggs every morning. What a cute purple dress!

    Rue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our egg prices actually went down this week so maybe it is not as bad as it was thought at first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea - as my chickens are laying 16 eggs a day at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful and helpful post, Patsi. Thank you for sharing how you do this.

    Love the pillowcase dress, also. I set aside Tuesday's for sewing about six months ago, but it seems something keeps coming up on that day that can't wait. I need to be as dedicated as you are at keeping my sewing day.

    Many blessings to you and thank you for all the wonderful posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow such a fantastic idea. I will try this when I have surplus eggs. I will also pass this information on to my daughter who has chickens as well.

    Thank you so much for sharing Patsi.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...