Featured Post

If I Were Just Starting Out Building a Well-Stocked Pantry ...

I recently received a comment from a reader basically asking me where to start when building a well-stocked pantry.  Since I get this ques...

Thursday, October 8, 2015

$5 or Less Pantry Challenge: October 8th, 2015

It's time for our $5 or Less Pantry Challenge!

What did you add to your pantry this week for $5 or Less?

Here's mine ...


... from Sam's Club, 3 boxes of Zesty Grill Wild Alaska Cod Portions.  We paid $.51/box ... they were on clearance!

The Bar S bologna was $.99/package at Food Lion and I had 2 coupons for $1 off of 3 which made each package $.66 each.

The total for all of this was $5.47 plus taxes.  I went over the $5 limit a little but that's okay.  I've been under plenty of other times in previous weeks!

This picture represents several meals!  Score!

 patsi

You can also follow A Working Pantry on Pinterest and on Facebook

7 comments:

  1. 10 (5 lb) bags of Russet potatoes - 50 lbs total for $4.90 @ Fresh Thyme. Some of the Fresh Thyme stores have a limit of 4 bags, but this one is new and said "no limit"! I went back and bought another 50 lbs . I found plans for storage using plastic water barrels so I'm going to but 6 of the barrels tomorrow (15 gallon ones- they cost $2/ each) and then we'll build the frame they fit on that will be in my basement! At that point, I'll buy another 150 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a deal gardenpat! Sounds like you are going to be busy!

      Delete
  2. Can you freeze bologna and it thaw nicely? ? I never thought of that before....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent buying Patsy! Especially the cod! My bargains were found just today. I got 2 x 800gm tins of tiny potatoes for my home 'Shop', as well as two packets of dehydrated peas, each of which has 15 serves. The potatoes were reduced to $1.20, and the peas to -43c. On the same markdown trolley, I also found three really lovely china-feel travel coffee cups. All black and white chevron design, for -83c each. These I've put aside to gift to teachers along with a Coffee Gift Card or Gourmet coffee beans. So closer to $7 for me too, but three gifts and umpteen servings of salad vegetables for large gatherings so I'm very happy. I love this little challenge. It really forces me to look for something significant to add to my pantry for as little as possible. Thankyou. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, you really did well with your shopping ... food for your pantry as well as Christmas gifts!!! WTG!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...