Featured Post

If I Were Just Starting Out Building a Well-Stocked Pantry ...

I recently received a comment from a reader basically asking me where to start when building a well-stocked pantry.  Since I get this ques...

Friday, April 8, 2016

$5 or Less Pantry Challenge: April 8th, 2016

It's been a while since I've posted a $5 or Less Pantry Challenge entry, the goal is to see how much I can add to my pantry for $5 or less.

Here's what I did this week ...




3 family size bottles of Suave shampoo for $.75 each

10 bags of green Easter grass for $.09 each
(will be used as filler for Christmas baskets)

Bunny silicone ice/candy pan for $.09
(for next Easter)

Bunny tail for $.09
(for next Easter)

Green pompoms for $.25/pkg
(for Christmas)

Red pompoms for $.25/pkg
(for Christmas)

Blue and white twine for $.09
(for gift tags)

Removable velcro for $.50 each (x 2)
(for various projects)

Total spent:  $4.92 plus taxes

What did you add to your pantry for $5 or less this week?

 patsi

You can also follow A Working Pantry on Pinterest and on Facebook

9 comments:

  1. Now that's a lot of stuff for $4.92, nice way to stock the graft area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice finds for your craft supplies! This week I found bottles of MiLo Sport drink mix on sale for $0.99 each (normal price for these are almost $4/bottle) so I bought 5 of them! My mom in particular likes to flavour her water with these, so it was a great pantry stock up item for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter 'grass' made me think of how my mother would tell of her childhood days (1920's) on Easter. She said they went outside and pulled real grass for their Easter baskets... now that is a great savings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave you a shout out on my blog today and how you do alot with very little. I hope that is okay! You do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee Ann! Please give me the link to your blog so I and others can come for a visit!

      Delete
    2. frugallivingingtown.blogspot.com

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...