~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~ surviving today's economy ~ a can-do spirit and attitude ~

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Putting Together A Gift!

I love having things on hand that I can turn into gifts at a moments notice!

 This is a bar of the 'rose' soap I purchased at a farm stand recently.  I wanted to surprise someone with a small gift and the soap fit the bill perfectly! After rummaging through my supplies I dressed it up like this ... 

(the little miniature rose was from some I dried earlier from my garden)

Patsi 

Sharing 42 years' experience of frugal, prudent living and pantry building 

A Working Pantry

My second blog:  From This Heart of Mine 

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27 

You can view my privacy policy HERE

4 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! I was chatting with my husband just yesterday about how, when I was a girl, I would buy Christmas presents for my mother and grandmother at our chapel's seasonal sale. The ladies there would dress bars of soap up in netting, then add in a neck and head made from a pipe-cleaner, before adding a trim of ribbons and artificial flowers, so that the whole thing looked like a fantasy swan. I haven't seen anything like them for years, until today when I looked here. What a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, the 'swan' soap sounds so pretty! It's amazing what you can do with netting!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! What a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete