~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~ surviving today's economy ~ a can-do spirit and attitude ~

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

A Journal of My Days: 1/31/23

   Welcome to A Working Pantry and today's post!

if this is your first visit, we hope you find something that will make you want to come back.  If you are a regular reader, please know that you are appreciated so very much!  I love the little community of frugal living, like-minded, pantry building people we are building here and am happy that you've chosen to be a part of it!

 The last day of January has been a busy one for us!  

Out of town errands ...

Continual checking on family and friends being affected by the massive ice storm making its way across the country ...

After we got home, I set the timer for 30 minutes and got some sewing in ... 

(I'm really trying to sew some every day before gardening season begins.)


(I finished this pillowcase to go with the ones the students in my beginning sewing class are making.  Once completed they will all be shipped to Ryan's Cases for Smiles.)

got my 30 minutes of exercise in for the day ...

and located the notes I've researched and collected on making seed tapes.  My plan is to make seed tapes for beets, lettuce, radishes and kale.  I'll do a post with pictures when I make them up and share it here on A Working Pantry.

  With this post I will have written and posted an entry every day in January, it's my intent to do it again in February if possible.  I hope you're learning from and enjoying my efforts.

That's it for today, I'm curled up in my recliner enjoying an evening of rest and relaxation and it feels good and right.

From the archives:


I hope you've found something helpful or inspiring in today's post!

Until tomorrow ...

Patsi 

Sharing 42 years' experience of frugal, prudent living and pantry building 

A Working Pantry

My second blog:  From This Heart of Mine 

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27 

You can view my privacy policy HERE

12 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed your every day posts. Rest is good so I am glad you can stop and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed your everyday posts and seeing all that you do. Have a good rest. Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been so motivated by your daily posts! I find I can get big jobs done by having a timer goal each day. I am presently trying to get in an hour a day working on photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, thank you! I like your term 'timer goal!'

      Delete
  4. I enjoy reading your daily posts, as well Patsi! I'm looking forward to your seed tape post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please continue writing your daily posts. They're great motivation for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shepherdess55, thank you, I'm going to do my best to continue. I'm enjoying it myself!

      Delete
  6. Thank you Patsy, for taking the time to do what you did in January. I enjoyed the extra posts very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, you're welcome. Thank you for your encouragement.

      Delete