~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~ surviving today's economy ~ a can-do spirit and attitude ~

Monday, January 23, 2023

Pantry Building Challenge: 1/23/23

  Welcome to A Working Pantry and today's post!

if this is your first visit, we hope you find something that will make you want to come back.  If you are a regular reader, please know that you are appreciated so very much!  I love the little community of frugal living, like-minded, pantry building people we are building here and am happy that you've chosen to be a part of it!

Our challenge for last week had us thinking 'over the counter' as in 'over the counter' medication.  We were to add something from this category to our pantries.

Here's what I added:


2 boxes of low dose aspirin from a Dollar General store.  I paid $1 each for them.

How did you do with this challenge?

Our challenge for next week has us looking at the numbers in your street address.  What is the last number in your street address.  That's the number of items you're to add to your pantry this week.  For example, if your street address is 423 Front Street, then you would add 3 items to your pantry.

This may take some creative thinking for some of us!!!

From the archives:


I hope you've found something helpful or inspiring in today's post!

Until tomorrow ...

Patsi 

Sharing 42 years' experience of frugal, prudent living and pantry building 

A Working Pantry

My second blog:  From This Heart of Mine 

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27 

You can view my privacy policy HERE

14 comments:

  1. We added two bags of epsom salts from Dollar Tree and used our quarterly allowance on Hubby's Medicare Advantage plan to restock vitamins and fish oil.

    The last number here is zero but I am sure we will add something before the week is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana, I get epsom salts at the Dollar Tree too! 'Zero' means you get to do as many you want!

      Delete
  2. I ordered addtional at-home Covid test kits. I'd loaned some to a friend whose husband had tested positive and had used all of theirs with daily testing after exposure (he's a teacher and was testing daily). Glad I could help them out, and now to replenish my supply. My address ends with a 9 and I'm not sure if I'll be able to complete this challenge -- I'm traveling much of this week. But if not this week, I'll complete it when life has slowed down some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, what a helpful thing to do, we recently ordered more Covid test kits for ourselves too. Just do what you can when you can. These challenges are just a tool to inspire us to keep our pantry stocked. Be safe traveling this week.

      Delete
  3. I ordered free covid tests from the post office. Haven't received those yet. I also got the best buys of large bottles of pain relievers from Amazon. I have a subscription to those items so that they come routinely. I can't buy those things as cheaply in any stores near me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, that's how we got our covid tests too. I'll have to check out the prices for pain relievers that we use on Amazon, that's a good idea.

      Delete
  4. My OTCs are a little different . I bought flaxseeds. Flaxseed tea is wonderful to lower cholesterol . Due to an autoimmune disease I cannot take most medications so we use natural products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't shop for anything but I did make Hubs empty out boxes from under his vanity from our move 2 years ago and he found may OTC items to add to my bins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, yeah! Time to get them back in circulation!

      Delete
  6. I had $10 in CVS rewards cash to use on 1 item, so I bought a box of 200 assorted Bandaids (CVS brand) that cost $10.19. So my OOP was only 19 cents!!

    Gardenpat in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gardenpat, way to go!!!!! That's some smart shopping!

      Delete
  7. I added low-dose enteric aspirin, Q-tips, vitamins, lotrimin, OFF, Neosporin, Vitamin D, and an oximeter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practical Parsimony, you did good! My oximeter needs to have the batteries replaced.

      Delete