~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~ surviving today's economy ~ a can-do spirit and attitude ~

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

A Journal of My Days: 2/7/23

I started easing back into some of my activities today ...

The temps got up close to 70 degrees, so I took a walk outside to soak up the sunshine and get some natural vitamin D.  

I saw more signs that spring is on its way!


forsythia is starting to bloom


the first daffodil of the season


While I was outside, I planted the root end of two of the celery bunches I purchased on sale right before I got sick.  I had placed them in water, and they had already started to sprout.  Can you find the 2 small sprouts in the pot?


I worked on the quilt-a-long my sister and I are doing long distance via technology.

I still have to trim the excess from all four corners and press them, then it'll be time to start putting the blocks together.

(I have my fabric cutting scissors well marked, that's so everyone knows they are not to be used to cut paper!)


I was gifted these bags of shredded paper for my compost bin, I was thrilled to get them!

We had to run an errand and while out I stopped at a craft store where I found rotary cutter blades on sale for 40% off, I purchased 2 of them.  I was thrilled to find this sale as I use my rotary cutter quite a bit!

That's it for today ...

From the archives:


I hope you've found something helpful or inspiring in today's post!

Until tomorrow ...

Patsi 

Sharing 42 years' experience of frugal, prudent living and pantry building 

A Working Pantry

My second blog:  From This Heart of Mine 

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27 

You can view my privacy policy HERE

7 comments:

  1. I know it was wonderful to enjoy the nice weather today! My years old green onions on my deck did not survive the 7 degrees over Christmas so I planted some more and they are starting to grow. Yay! I think I need to wait a bit yet on celery. Isn't it great to able to reuse what we used to consider compost?

    I had the first part of a root canal today and the anesthesia always makes me crash on the couch which is where I have been since we got home around noon. I have been downing lemon water and using oils to flush out the junk so hopefully I will not feel like this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana, what oils do you use to flush out the junk? I hope you feel much better tomorrow!

      I love that we can regrow things like celery and onions! I'll keep a close eye on the weather and if we head into another one of those artic blasts, I'll move the pot where I planted the celery into the greenhouse until it's over!

      Delete
    2. I have used Cleansing and Lymphatic Cleanse. They can be put in a circle right around the belly button and also on the end of every toe. I did Cleansing as soon as we got home and later moved to the Lymphatic Cleanse. I am using True Lemon in my water. I find it works better than lemon juice.

      Delete
    3. Lana do you use a particular brand of oils? Honestly im on the fence about them. Maybe im not using them properly

      Delete
    4. Lee Ann, We use Hopewell Oils. They are the best we have found for the money and there is so much help on their site but you need to log in to access it. We have around 300 bottles of oil and I can treat just about anything but I am trained in the use of them and applied kinesiology so I can test to see what we need and where. You could likely do well on your own just by reading everything you can on Hopewell's website. We also use Christopher's Formulas which you can find on Amazon or Vitacost and they are easy because they treat exactly what the bottle says it is for.

      Delete
  2. Patsy, how big is your celery pot? I've always wanted to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, the top is approximately 15 inches wide and the height is about a foot and a half. I've had success doing this several times and it's really easy.

      Delete