~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~ surviving today's economy ~ a can-do spirit and attitude ~

Friday, March 17, 2023

Busy Day!: 3/17/23

Today, we mowed our yard for the second time this year!  Two days ago, we were all snuggled up inside our warm home while temps dropped to below freezing outside at night.  Today, the temps were in the 70's and the weeds in our yard needed mowing down!

While hubby did the mowing, I worked in the garden and yard.  I gave our onions a feeding of fertilizer and planted squash in the row garden.  I'm pushing planting the squash by a couple of weeks, but after looking at the 10-day forecast decided we would chance it! (Our average last frost date is around the first part of April.)

We delivered fresh, unwashed and unrefrigerated eggs this afternoon to the lady who is using her incubator to hatch baby chicks for us.

Since it was such a beautiful day, I decided to wash the sheets and let them air dry on the clothesline.  I also washed the bathmats and hung them over our porch railing to dry.  Our porch has so many uses!

I added a post on Peace that Passes Understanding over on my other blog, From This Heart of Mine, I hope it's an encouragement to those who chose to read it.

These type days just fill my heart with contentment and bring utterances of praise to God from my heart!  I love you Lord, my strength.  Psalm 18:1

Until tomorrow ...

Sharing 42 years' experience of frugal, prudent living and pantry building 

My second blog:  From This Heart of Mine, where I share my love for God and His Word through my personal Bibe study.  Physical preparedness is important, but not near as important as spiritual preparedness.  Join me over at From This Heart of Mine and study God's Word with me.

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27 

You can view my privacy policy HERE

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see those baby chicks! We are supposed to go down to 24 this weekend and then 29. Brrrrr.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana, Brrrrr, is right! We're supposed to have some colder temps too, but thankfully not that cold!

      Delete