~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~ surviving today's economy ~ a can-do spirit and attitude ~

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Using Home-Canned Chicken: 3/21/23

Almost every time we find chicken on a good sale such as $.59/lb, we purchase it, bring it home and can it!  Today I want to share one way we use our home-canned chicken ...


Chicken pot pie!

Here's how I made it ...

I doubled the following recipe as I was making a meal to take to someone else.

1 can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup 

1/2 cup milk

2 cups cooked chicken

3 cups mixed vegetables

Mix the soup, milk, chicken and vegetables in a bowl.  Dump into a 9 x 13 container.

Mix the following and pour over the top of the chicken mixture:

1 cup self-rising flour

1 stick melted butter

1 cup milk

Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.  

Easy and delicious!

Until tomorrow ...

Sharing 42 years' experience of frugal, prudent living and pantry building 

My second blog:  From This Heart of Mine, where I share my love for God and His Word through my personal Bibe study.  Physical preparedness is important, but not near as important as spiritual preparedness.  Join me over at From This Heart of Mine and study God's Word with me.

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27 

You can view my privacy policy HERE

3 comments:

  1. This recipe is one that I use often when taking a meal to someone. It's so easy and I most always have the ingredients on hand. When I make it for ourselves I sub homemade cream soup because of food sensitivities . Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that easy crust. I am sure the recipient was blessed. I don't know what we ever did without chicken ready on the shelf.

    I baked hamburger buns today. I wondered why we only had one left in the freezer until they came out of the oven and we couldn't resist sharing one. It's alright. Now we have an even number again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite meals to make and also to carry to someone who needs a ready meal. It's so easy and very delicious.

    ReplyDelete