~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~ surviving today's economy ~ a can-do spirit and attitude ~

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Teaching the Old Ways!

The twins (now 10 years old) spent the day with us yesterday and as is normal we had 'things to do.'  They worked right along with us and in so doing we enjoyed some old fashioned fellowship, teaching and learning.


While the boy twin was helping my hubby on a building project, the girl and I planted garlic in this raised bed.  She got her hands in the dirt and helped do every aspect of getting the garlic planted.  She asked questions and I answered them to the best of my ability.  She was not only a big help but a joy to work with on this project!


Once we finished with our outside chores (harvesting basil, planting garlic and working in the row garden) we went inside and she wanted to bake cookies from scratch.  I had some bananas that were overripe so instead of making cookies from scratch she made banana nut muffins from scratch.  We got the recipe out and I showed her how to read the recipe.  I let her do all the measuring, mixing, prepping the muffin pan and filling them.  I even explained to her that cleaning up along the way was the best way to do the clean-up.  She was an eager student and the muffins in the picture are the ones she baked. (We packaged them up and sent them home with her and her brother when their mom came to get them.)

"Teaching the old ways," yes, that's a good description of what took place in my home yesterday!

Until next time!

 patsi

A Working Pantry

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27

You can receive A Working Pantry blog posts via:

Bloglovin (signup in the sidebar) ...

Email subscription service, follow.it (sign up on the sidebar)

You can view my privacy policy HERE.

6 comments:

  1. I love passing along experiences like that to my children. I hope they think of me in the future when they prepare a dish just as I remember my mom and grandma who taught me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed! That's the kind of memories we hope they enjoy remembering!

      Delete
  2. I love this! What a blessing you are to that family!

    Got my $5 for last week. Five 14 oz bags of pepperoni for $5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana, thank you! Five 14 oz bags of pepperoni for $5!!!!! What a deal!!!

      Delete
  3. I bet they both had a wonderful day and will remember it always. You have been wonderful to those twins. They are blessed to have you as a neighbour. xxx

    ReplyDelete