~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~ surviving today's economy ~ a can-do spirit and attitude ~

Sunday, February 6, 2022

January 2022 Makes and Finishes

 January was a productive month with several makes and finishes ...



I finished hand-quilting this quilt.  This is the one that my sister and I each did.  We had so much fun texting, sharing, laughing, talking, videoing and working on our respective quilts together even though we live 12 hours apart.  I used scraps I had on hand for this project. The only thing I had to purchase was the stars on top of the trees.  This is a free pattern, but I can't find where I got it online!


When I saw this video on making small draw string bags, I knew I wanted to make some; I stitched up several for use next Christmas.  These are also made from scraps.


I printed off these hymnal bookmarks and laminated them.  I'm using them as gifts and for encouragement in cards that I send when appropriate.  These are a freebie too and can be found HERE.


I completed this quilt top ... yes, my sister did this one also!
It's a free pattern that can be found HERE


I started stitching up this blanket using yarn scraps.  Who knows how long it will take me to finish this up!!!


I don't have room for a regular size design wall, so I made this one to fit the side of a filing cabinet.  It won't hold a whole quilt, but it works fine for blocks and smaller projects.  I used this video as my guide.  


I have a fondness for red ticking and when I saw a stocking that a friend had done, I knew I wanted to do something similar.  I'm not finished with this one yet, but I'm well on my way.  I hope to finish it in February.  I used this video as my guide.


I completed this 'love you' cross-stitch pattern and turned it into a mini pillow.  It is now stuffed and on display with my other valentine decor.  This is another free pattern found HERE.


I completed this small cross-stitch project and turned it into a mini pillowcase.  I still have to make the pillow form that goes inside before packing it away for next Christmas.

Whew!  That was a lot ... I don't think I realized how much I accomplished in January until I started compiling this post.  (Not all months will be this productive!)

Also started, but not shown, is ...

a pair of pants for me
another cross-stitch mini pillowcase
3 pillowcases for Ryan's Cases for Smiles
a 24" Christmas throw pillowcase 

I hope you've enjoyed seeing my makes and finishes for January!

patsi

A Working Pantry

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27

You can receive A Working Pantry blog posts via:

Bloglovin (signup in the sidebar) ...

Email subscription service, follow.it (sign up on the sidebar)

A Working Pantry Instagram page

 You can view my privacy policy HERE.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, the quilts are stunning. I am so impressed. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been busy. They all look great & how fun that you were able to quilt with you sis so far away :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady Locust, thank you! My sister and I really enjoyed doing these quilts together.

      Delete
  3. My goodness gracious girlfriend your fingers have been very nimble. Everything is beautiful 🤩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nana, thank you, January was a good month for sewing/making projects!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work! I have a scrap crochet throw I completed this past summer, and it's now one of my favorite blankets. All the bright colors are so cheerful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, it's such a good use of yarn scraps, isn't it!

      Delete