~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~ surviving today's economy ~ a can-do spirit and attitude ~

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Works In Progress

My sewing machine has been humming this week ...

my crochet hook has been busy ...

and I even started a cross-stitch project ...

(I don't normally get this much sewing/creating done in a week, but every once in a while, I 'get in a creating zone' and things like this happen!)

Come on, let me show you what I've been working on ...


One of the things I want to do in 2022 is to find a use for leftover yarns.  In this picture I'm using Bernat Baby Blanket yarn that's left over from previous projects or that's not enough to complete another project, to make a scrappy blanket.  I've been working on this in the evenings while watching TV or Youtube with hubby.


Another goal I've set for myself in 2022 is to complete one cross stitch project per month, including finishing it into whatever it's going to be.  This is January's project ... no, I'm not going to reveal the pattern, but I will show you my progress each week so stay tuned! (Of course, I'll share all the info on the pattern when I'm done.)



And finally, this is the project that has taken up most of my free time this week.  It's a free pattern that can be found HERE.  This will be going in the quilting hoop soon and it will become my new 'evening' project.  (I had a really hard time getting a decent picture as the wind was constantly blowing a cold front into our area.  I finally just started clicking with the hopes at least one would turn out okay.  This is the best I could do!)

What have you been stitching up?

patsi

A Working Pantry

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27

You can receive A Working Pantry blog posts via:

Bloglovin (signup in the sidebar) ...

Email subscription service, follow.it (sign up on the sidebar)

A Working Pantry Instagram page

2 comments:

  1. Great use for your yarn! I just started a new set of fingerless mitts called Everything November. It can be made with scraps of fingering weight or sock yarn.
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, thank you! I have always wanted to do fingerless mitts! That is a good use for scrap yarn.

      Delete