~ from my home to yours ... ~
I love our little home, it's perfect for us! There's warmth and love within its walls and yes, mason jars, home preserved foods, herbs, books, WIP projects, lots of snuggly quilts, a swing on the front porch and a rocking chair nearby! We call it home and we call ourselves blessed. We give God the glory for He has had and continues to have His hand in it all!

Saturday, July 18, 2026

From My Home to Yours: 7/17/26

           From My Home to Yours

7/17/26

~  Getting Ready for G & G Camp! ~

What is G & G camp?  It's grandma and grandpa camp!  It's our first and we are working hard to get ready to spend some time with two of our grands, just us and them for several days while their dad goes out of town.

If you've ever done a G & G camp, I would love to hear some of the things you planned and did.  Our main focus is just to go with the flow and spend one on one time with them, but we'd also like to throw in a few 'out of the ordinary' activities as well.  They are pre-teens!

Aside from preparing for G & G camp, it has been another week of 100 degree days with high humidity.  The weather here is brutal and dangerous with 'feel like' temperatures of up to 111 degrees.   What's left of our summer garden is just baking and shriveling up.


The apples are holding on ... look at how full this one branch is!

I'm still in book 7 in the Bregdan Chronicles, Glimmers of Change, by Ginny Dye.  I have much more listening time than reading time right now.  I can listen to audio books while I work, but alas, I haven't found a way to read from a book while working.  I'm still listening to The Sisters of Sea View by Julie Klassen.   (All the audio books I listen to come from Libby the library app.)

I'll be taking a blogging break so I/we can give our grands our full attention and enjoy some family time.  I will continue to do our $5 Pantry Challenge each week as I think I can manage that easily.  Otherwise, I'll meet you back here towards the end of August!

That's it for this week, I hope you've found something in my ramblings that will help and or encourage you in the upcoming week.

Until the next time ...  

mrs. patsi @ A Working Pantry  

~ quietly holding the home front ~

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27 

Other Places You Can Find Me ...

Grandma's Got a Sewing Machine 

From This Heart of Mine  

Mrs. Patsi on Instagram

Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links.  This means that if you click on the link and place an order, etc I earn a small fee at no increased cost to you. Thank you for your support through these means. 

Thank you for using my Amazon affiliate link when placing your Amazon orders. I earn a small percentage that doesn't increase what you pay.

If you are encouraged by what you read here, please consider supporting my work via one of the following ways. Your expressions of appreciation help me keep my pantry well-stocked and me motivated to keep on keeping on with my attempts to inspire and encourage you (Titus 2:3-5) through my writings!

 

19 comments:

  1. I'm excited for your time with the grandchildren! I think our most meaningful times have been doing craft projects that they can take home especially if we all do them and they know that we have the same in our home that they took home to their homes. We have also let them choose the menu and especially baking treats together. Whatever you do it will be fun!

    Take care and enjoy your break. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana, I had thought of some of your ideas, but not all ... thank you so much for sharing! I'm adding the things you mentioned to my list that I didn't already have on it.

      Delete
  2. Have a great time with your grands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be missed but so happy you have this time with the grandchildren. Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, I will miss gathering with my blogging family as well and will look forward to returning. In the meantime, I'm going to squeeze every minute of enjoyment from our time with the grands as possible.

      Delete
  4. Patsy, I have done scavenger hunts with our grandkids. Once I used a simple cipher wheel and left coded messages throughout the yard leading to the “treasure.” My grands loved it. I’m sure you could find a cypher wheel online somewhere. I found mine on the Colonial Williamsburg website under kids activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, I love that idea, definitely putting that on my list! Thank you for the inspiration!

      Delete
  5. I just finished Sisters of Sea View and have requested the next in the series from my library. My grands are aged 3 - 11. They like anything that include snacks, crafts, or water. Most nights we have "Popcorn with Poppy" where they watch some TV with their granddad. This gives me time to grab a shower. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, I didn't realize that Sisters of Sea View was a series! I have often thought that it should be, I will have to look for the next book, I'm almost finished with this first one! I like the idea of 'popcorn with poppy' each night! By that time of day, I'm sure a few minutes to myself will be welcomed!

      Delete
  6. We have a week of Nana & Papa camp for a few years now. This summer the camper is 9 so we are planning it with her and she has asked to do art projects, cook, etc. We have found that going somewhere she doesn't usually go at least one day help - plus ice cream of course. Past outings have included a ferry trip, shopping at the local reuse center for craft supplies, a local theater kid's production, bookstore, etc. This year will include a trip to a local free art & crafts exhibit for inspiration and enjoyment. Games, puzzles, photo walks, Little Free Library "shopping", etc. It really depends on their interests and what you have available. We don't include swimming as she is on a swim team so has plenty of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juhli, I love all your ideas and have added them to my list! Thank you for sharing, your experience is a big help to me!! Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  7. I think part of coming to you, can be teaching them how you live, the work you do (cooking, planting, harvesting, preserving). possibility? You all do 2 things the grands want to do and then 1 thing G&G want to teach/do. And when there is work to be done at least 1 of them does it alongside you...... Depending on length of stay, maybe a waterpark or rent paddleboard for a nearby lake could be great fun in the afternoon heat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mrs Patsy, your grand children might enjoy looking at your photo books, and seeing your life when you were growing up. And stories to go with the picture albums. Those kind of memories are treasures. Especially when they are our age. I so wish I would have learned more about my grandparents lives when I was young. But they went through the depression and didn't talk about a lot of things. Have a blast with your camp.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't help but think of my own visits to my grandparents which usually were extended stays. Many mentioned the routine working alongside of you, which always was meaningful to me. And of course, as one mentioned, any special snack such as homemade ice cream if you have a churn, or a sprinkler to dash through just for fun. A visit to a peach shed or farmer's market was always fun to me, as it wasn't something we'd have done at home.

    I just started a Rural Mural Discover Georgia Project with three of my grandchildren and will be taking them to a peach shed in the next couple of weeks to get ice cream and peaches something their mama recalls doing with her grandmother. I will say that eating out with children can be terribly expensive unless you choose extremely well, but a picnic if weather allows is almost always fun and if it's too hot to do midday picnics then do one for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always such fun having Grandma camp!!. One thing I did with my Preteens was tie dyed shirts. Then we got cheap white canvas shoes from Walmart and dyed them too. They loved it ! The shoes they wore all the time because they liked them so much . Enjoy your time making memories .

    Bonnie H

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I LOVED the Bregdan Chronicles! I should look and see if she's added any new ones since I finished reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. With all the baking I do over the holidays, I know i need to stock up on my baking supplies. I added a 5# bag of flour and a bag of dark brown sugar. Total spent = $4.94 + tax.

    ReplyDelete