~ from my home to yours ... ~
I love our little home, it's perfect for us! There's warmth and love within its walls and yes, mason jars, home preserved foods, herbs, books, WIP projects, lots of snuggly quilts, a swing on the front porch and a rocking chair nearby! We call it home and we call ourselves blessed. We give God the glory for He has had and continues to have His hand in it all!

Monday, October 5, 2026

October 2026 Pantry Challenge: Week # 1

 For the month of October, we are focusing on 2 areas of our pantry:

Adding as many non-prescription/over the counter meds as we think we’ll need to get through the winter months or as long as you prefer.  This includes over-the-counter meds, essential oils, herbal remedies, homeopathic remedies, vitamins, etc.  Basically, any meds you use that doesn’t need a prescription.  (Hint: inventory what you have, then restock accordingly!)

The second area is cleaning products.  This includes laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, dishwashing liquid, dryer sheets, cleaning supplies, etc.  (Again, inventory what you have, then restock accordingly!)

You get to choose, one or the other or both
.  It goes without saying that we want to stock up in these areas at the best possible price so let’s look for those bargains and share, share, share!

Here's what I added after taking inventory of the following two products ...


dishwasher detergent ... I'm not a big fan of handwashing dishes, especially when there are a lot of them to do.  And yes, I know the secret is to 'wash' as you go, but sometimes I just don't do that.  It's easier for me to 'load' as I go!  At any rate, which ever side of the dishwashing issue you lie on, I took inventory of the amount of dishwasher detergent I had on hand and purchased accordingly enough to get me through the winter months.

vapor rub ...  again, I inventoried what we had on hand and purchased enough to get us through the winter months.

Within our two categories, what did you add to your pantry this week?

Next week, we'll continue on in the 'over-the-counter' and 'cleaning' categories with the purpose of ending the month fully stocked for winter in these two areas.

Until the next time ...  

mrs. patsi @ A Working Pantry  

~ quietly holding the home front ~

Sharing 46 years' experience of frugal living and pantry building (if you include my frugal childhood, well that would add several more years to my experience!)

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27 

Other Places You Can Find Me ...

Grandma's Got a Sewing Machine 

From This Heart of Mine  

Mrs. Patsi on Instagram

Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links.  This means that if you click on the link and place an order, etc I earn a small fee at no increased cost to you. Thank you for your support through these means. 

Thank you for using my Amazon affiliate link when placing your Amazon orders. I earn a small percentage that doesn't increase what you pay.

If you are encouraged by what you read here, please consider supporting my work via one of the following ways. Your expressions of appreciation help me keep my pantry well-stocked and me motivated to keep on keeping on with my attempts to inspire and encourage you (Titus 2:3-5) through my writings!

No comments:

Post a Comment