~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~ surviving today's economy ~ a can-do spirit and attitude ~

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Garden Sketching!

I started sketching out my garden areas on paper this week using the computer.  The plan is to print out one for each month making appropriate notes and changes as we progress through the growing season.  These will go in my gardening notebook for 2023.

Here they are, ready to start filling in next month, March, when spring planting starts for our area ...


(I had a difficult time getting a decent picture of the sketches, I hope you can get the gist of what I'm talking about anyway!)

I'm trying to get organized for this growing season.  Planning my garden on paper and then updating it as needed is just one of my plans for getting as much out of the 2023 growing season as possible.

How is your garden planning going?  Are you a 'plan it out' gardener or are you a 'fly by the seat of your pants' kind of gardener?  I confess to having been both in the past depending on what I had going on, but this year is different, I'm trying really hard to do the best I can to grow as much as I can as efficiently as I can.

I would love to hear your thoughts!

Until tomorrow ...

Patsi 

Sharing 42 years' experience of frugal, prudent living and pantry building 

A Working Pantry

My second blog:  From This Heart of Mine 

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27 

You can view my privacy policy HERE

6 comments:

  1. We garden by the seat of our pants and hope the squirrels let us harvest something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana, we battle squirrels too, they are relentless!

      Delete
  2. Patsi, I'm sure you will make the most of every spot you have wisely planned out. I had a plan but the gophers have ruined it! I'm so upset over the destruction they are causing. They've eaten 16 out of 20 onions, and killed 3 out of 4 large rose bushes. The remaining rosebush is nearly dug up daily by the dogs trying to get the gopher(s). We are at WAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelsey, how awful! I would feel the same way! I well remember the year the rabbits decimated my garden, it was on! I lost the battle that year, but I learned a lot and those critters have a worthy opponent in me now! I know how to fight to win!

      Delete
  3. We garden using rotation for the raised bed and the containers. I just keep a list of where each thing is planted from year to year and the plant something different in that particular spot or container. Cookie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookie, that's a good system, rotation is important isn't it!

      Delete