~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~ surviving today's economy ~ a can-do spirit and attitude ~

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Home-made Pizza's for the Freezer! Part 2: Putting them Together and Freezing Them

 In part one I shared how I got the crust for my home-made pizzas ready for making pizza's.  In part 2, I'm going to show you how I put them together and then get them ready for the freezer.


Once the crusts were cool I placed them on cake rounds.  You can buy these anywhere cake baking supplies and decorations are sold.  

Next, I covered the crust with a layer of pizza sauce, followed by a variety of toppings. This is where customization comes in, put what you like, it's your pizza!  

We added browned ground beef, ham chips from the freezer, pepperoni slices, black olives, chopped onions and hot banana peppers that I precooked in the microwave and some shredded mozzarella cheese.


To prepare them for freezing I wrapped each pizza in plastic wrap.


Then I slipped each pizza into a gallon size ziplock bag.  I took a sharpie and wrote on each bag the following instructions:  thaw and cook for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.  Of course I will remove the pizza from the cake round and put it on a pizza stone or other suitable cooking sheet before putting it into the oven!

So there you have it, the way I made 7 personal size pizzas for the freezer!  These are going to be so convenient when I need to put a quick meal on the table for my family ... or when we just want a good pizza!

Until next time!

 patsi

A Working Pantry

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27

You can receive A Working Pantry blog posts via:

Bloglovin (signup in the sidebar) ...

Email subscription service, follow.it (sign up on the sidebar)

You can view my privacy policy HERE.

4 comments:

  1. They look wonderful! I think I am going to stick with our easy pizzas. It takes no time at all to have them prepped and in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might make those. It is the making crust I hate. What was the stocking up item this week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practical Parsimony, the pantry building challenge for this week is to add as much to your pantry as you can for $5, including taxes.

      Delete