~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Blogmas 2022: 12/24/22

The bitter cold arrived in our area overnight and we awoke to frigid for us, temperatures.  Our high yesterday was in the mid 50's, our low last night got down to 15 with a forecast high of 32 for today.  The windchill 'feels like' is even lower ... Brrrr!

Our wood stove is working overtime and we are continually keeping it fed.  Our furnace is picking up the slack and we are staying nice and warm.


Hubby prepared our traditional sausage balls for Christmas morning and then cooked some for our Christmas Eve breakfast as well.  Since Christmas is on Sunday this year, we opted to celebrate both Saturday and Sunday, with the goal of making Sunday less stressful.


Hubby did a good job of making the sausage balls!


Fresh from the oven!

Yes, they were as delicious as they looked like they would be!

This is the final entry for Blogmas 2022, I hope you have enjoyed these daily Christmas themed entries as much as I have writing and sharing them.

* * * * * * *

From our family to yours ...


The next post will have us returning to our normal frugal living and pantry building style entries.  Enjoy the holidays!

Patsi … Sharing 42 years' experience of frugal living and pantry building 

A Working Pantry

My second blog:  From This Heart of Mine 

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27 

You can view my privacy policy HERE

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Patsy. Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy celebrating the love of Christ on this Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and throughout the New Year. Each day, I have looked forward to your blogmas posts and will miss it, however, I know you have wonderful things to share with us all year and will look forward to those posts as well. Merry Christmas and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!! Stay warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sausage balls were so good on our Thursday night "party" with our friend that I made them for Christmas Eve. We stuffed ourselves and there were none left for Christmas Day! I used a pound of sausage, an eight ounce chunk of cheese, and 1.5 cups of Bisquick because 3 cups of Bisquick sounded like more than I use. Since I lost my recipes in my house destruction, I don't know what I used. What was your recipe? How much Bisquick did you use? Or, maybe you did used flour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practical Parsimony, we really enjoyed our sausage balls too! Here's the recipe we use: 1 pound sausage, 2 cups Bisquick and a pound of cheese, shredded. Form into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.

      Delete
  5. Yum! Sounds good
    Merry Christmas
    Ellie
    Central Az

    ReplyDelete