~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~ surviving today's economy ~ a can-do spirit and attitude ~

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Transferring Embroidery Designs

 In this post, I shared about my quest for a design to embroider on a piece of toweling I had turned into a kitchen towel.  Today, I transferred the design onto the towel using the following method ...


The first thing I did was to make a copy of the design I wanted to use.


I flipped the design over and using just a plain #2 pencil I went over the design.


Then I flipped the design back over and placed it where I wanted it on the towel.  Using the same pencil, I went over the design on the front side, pressing down firmly but not firm enough to rip the paper, being careful to hold the pattern in place.


I removed the paper when I was finished and had a somewhat faint pattern of my chosen design.


Using the same pencil again, I went over the lines darkening them.  The design is now ready to stitch!

When I finish stitching it, I plan to hang it as decor.  I have a hook mounted on the wall waiting for its completion!

I used this method for transferring designs many years ago but had forgotten about it until a dear reader reminded me of it.  Thank you!

I hope you find this method useful, now, let's head back to the archives ...

Building a Basic One Month Preparedness Pantry:  Part 1

Until tomorrow!

Patsi 

Sharing 42 years' experience of frugal, prudent living and pantry building 

A Working Pantry

My second blog:  From This Heart of Mine 

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27 

You can view my privacy policy HERE 

9 comments:

  1. Thank you, I never knew of this method!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my mother using that method when I was a child. I had forgotten all about it. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patsi, that design is going to look so good on that towel. I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete