~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~ surviving today's economy ~ a can-do spirit and attitude ~

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

A Journal of My Days: 1/11/23 (Valentine Day Gifts)

I've been out and about a good part of the day and don't have a lot to share so I thought I would reach back into the archives and pull together some photos of Valentine goodies we've put together for our grands and for other little people in our lives.  I had a reader to express interest in what we were doing for Valentine's Day for our grands earlier and while I don't have this year's Valentine goodies ready yet, I thought I would share some I've done in years past.


I did these for our grandchildren when they were in the 3 - 4-year-old age range.
The puppy faces were made out of foam hearts.


One year I did hair bows for the little girls.


One year I purchased the pre-made heart shaped boxes of chocolate candy and added these Scripture hearts made out of cardstock for a teens girl's Bible class I was teaching at the time.


One year I purchased individually wrapped mini bars of candy and packaged them up in a valentine theme.


This was a bar of chocolate packaged up in a Valentine theme.  The bows were strips of valentine themed fabric I tore into strips and used as ties.


This was another year that I used the pre-made heart shaped boxes of chocolate.  This time I added a heart shaped strawberry Valentine theme packaging.

These are a few of the things I've done, I hope they inspire you as you prepare treats for the little people in your lives this Valentine's Day.

And now it's time to take a peek back in the archives ...


Until tomorrow!

Patsi 

Sharing 42 years' experience of frugal, prudent living and pantry building 

A Working Pantry

My second blog:  From This Heart of Mine 

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27 

You can view my privacy policy HERE

8 comments:

  1. Thank you! Lots of great ideas. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so cute! I wish it wasn't so expensive to ship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana, shipping is most of the time more than what the gift costs. I wish I knew a way around it, but when you're a long-distance grandparent there just aren't any other options that I've been able to come up with. I cut and save in other areas, so I can mail things to my grands.

      Delete
  3. Patsi, I love how creatively you have dressed up your gifts! No doubt it delights the recipients. As for the long distance grandparent comment above, I can tell you as being on the receiving end of that, my boys are always so thrilled when they get something in the mail from their grandma who is "far away." ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelsey, thank you! Your comment encourages this grandma's heart who is too far away from her grands!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for that reminder. I need to get back to sending things in envelopes. I did a lot of it when our daughter's family were missionaries but I had gotten away from it. Now we have a new set of littles who would like things sent. Our teens might like a text from Nana.

      Delete
    3. Lana, I don't have grands that are teens yet, but I like the idea of texting them when I do!

      Delete