~ from my home to yours, living the Working Pantry lifestyle ~ surviving today's economy ~ a can-do spirit and attitude ~

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Brrrr!: 3/14/23

It's cold, plain and simple!  Last week we almost hit 90 degrees a couple of days and here we are a week or less later with temps that are forecast to go below freezing!  For our area, that is cold and after the warm days, we are feeling the cold ... Brrrr!!

I spent the morning inside, where it was warm, working on part 3 of a Bible study I wrote several years ago.  It's on the Widow of Zarephath and I'm now in the process of expanding it.  You can find it HERE.

Hubby went out and did the chores and when he came back in, he brought my 3 little tomato plants that I had harvested out of the compost pile the first part of last week.  I had mentioned that I wanted to bring them inside while the temps were below freezing at night but had forgotten about it.  Hubby remembered and brought them in ... he is my hero on so many levels!

My plans for the evening include getting my exercise routine for the day done and then curling up with a book for reading and a blanket for some extra warmth!  Brrr!

Until tomorrow ...

Sharing 42 years' experience of frugal, prudent living and pantry building 

My second blog:  From This Heart of Mine, where I share my love for God and His Word through my personal Bibe study.  Physical preparedness is important, but not near as important as spiritual preparedness.  Join me over at From This Heart of Mine and study God's Word with me.

She looketh well to the ways of her household … Proverbs 31:27 

You can view my privacy policy HERE

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to write daily. I enjoy reading about what other gardeners are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are on the weather roller coaster here in the Chicago area, too. Today (Weds.) and early tomorrow in the 50's, then we take a dive off that high hill for the weekend, with a potential for freezing precipitation and snow. Next week back into the mid- to upper 40s for (fingers crossed) the entire week. We'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, this is pretty typical for our area this time of year. It seems that ole man winter doesn't want to let go!! Stay warm and safe!

      Delete